The number of confirmed Coronavirus cases in the country has risen to 142.
This is after the Ministry of health confirmed 16 more cases on Sunday.
Health Chief Administrative Secretary (CAS) Doctor Mercy Mwangangi said 15 of those confirmed are Kenyans while one is a Nigeria national.
In the daily briefing at Afya house in Nairobi on Sunday, Dr. Mwangangi said the confirmation come from a test of 530 samples in the last 24 hours.
“To date, the government has tested a total of 3, 836 samples,” she revealed.
Among the 16, eleven had had a history of travel while the 5 locally contracted the disease.
“Out of the 16 cases, 12 are from Nairobi, three from Mombasa and 1 from Kilifi County,” she disclosed.
Nine were male and 7 female.
Those who died from the disease the CAS said must be interred within 24 hours with the burial attended by less than 15 family members.
She also stressed out on the importance of using face masks urging Kenyans to ensure they always put on face mask when in public places.
On his part, Transport Cabinet Secretary James Macharia said the government has extended the ban on international flights for 30 more days.
The effect of the ban starts Monday 6.
The government has further suspended prisons visits for the next 30 days to avert the spread of the deadly Coronavirus.
Nairobi, Mombasa, Kwale, Kilifi Kitui and Kajiado remain the hotspots counties with the government enhancing tracing of persons who may have come into contact with Covid-19 patients.
So far, the country has recorded 4 deaths and 4 recoveries.