Home Lifestyle Entertainment Former KTN news anchor Esther Arunga asks family, Kenyans for forgiveness

Former KTN news anchor Esther Arunga asks family, Kenyans for forgiveness

[Ms Esther Arunga at the KTN TV live studios. Photo/courtesy].

The once flying TV personality Esther Arunga has remorsefully asks her family and Kenyans for forgiveness.

Ms Arunga says she is ready to return home (Kenya) and make a fresh start.

In her tweet, Arunga emotionally expresses her remorseful feeling and courageously says she is ready for all manners of criticism provided she is accepted by her family and Kenyans so that she freshly begins her journey again.

10 months ago, Arunga escaped jail term for killing her son in 2014.

She was handed over 10 month’s parole with immediate release by an Australian court.

Parole jail term means one should not be in jail but assigned different roles outside prison in a closely monitored probation by the country’s administration.

She completed her 10 month’s parole last week and she was completely freed after the Australian authorities were convinced that Arunga had indeed reformed.

During the last court session, Arunga admitted to have misled the police in order to help her husband Quincy Timberlake escape punishment.

Arunga’s three-year-old son Sinclair Timberlake died as a result of blunt force trauma to his abdomen.


According to Esther’s confession, Quincy Timberlake grabbed the son, pressed his stomach and threw him at the wall of their home.

Esther Arunga told Australian police that her husband, Quincy, grabbed the Bible and said: “There’s a devil in his stomach I had to get it out”.

She narrated before the court that “My husband was sitting on my son, he was sitting on his stomach”.

The court was told that Mr. Timberlake then threw the three year old boy against the wall saying “There were demons in his stomach”.

Sinclair Timberlake succumbed to the fatal injuries at his family home at Kallangur, North of Brisbane in Australia, on June, 2014.


The once flying KTN Prime news anchor was emotionally disintegrated with other TV personalities and her vast fans believing that the ‘Finger of God’ church that Quincy was the Priest was indulging in devil worshipping.

[Ms Esther Arunga after she was handed a 10 month’s parole by an Australian court. Photo/courtesy].

The two later formed the Placenta Party of Kenyan where Quincy was to run for Presidency, a dream that never materialised.

Esther was once seen on news differing and shouting at her own family members and journalists who tried to shoot questions on what could have really transpired to the lawyer and renowned journalist.

The once composed top KTN Prime News anchor however did not reveal whether she is planning to hit the airwaves again on TV or join her learned friends in court.

Ms Arunga may joyfully return to the Standard Group owned 24 hour news channel KTN News since she was not fired but left in a confused state of affair that neither the family nor top Standard Group management understood or consumed.