A total of 32 people have died due to Coronavirus pandemic in Mombasa.
Mombasa county Commissioner Gilbert Kitiyo said, Mvita is the worst hit by the pandemic where 220 people have since been infected by the virus.
Addressing journalists at his ‘Uhuru na kazi’ building on Wednesday, Kitiyo said a total of 10,689 Mombasa residents have been tested for the disease.
467 locals have tested positive for the disease.
Kisauni has 60 cases, Nyali has so far recorded 52 cases, Likoni has since recorded 61 cases, Changamwe registered 38 cases and 36 cases were recorded at Jomvu as at Wednesday.
Kitiyo said as the government prepares to ease some of the restrictions and Mombasa residents must be prepared to face the situation.
He said Mombasa being a cosmopolitan city it faces various challenges and if locals are not prepared well then the situation may worsen.
According to Kitiyo, locals must strictly observe health measures so as to curb the spread of the deadly disease.
“At this juncture we cannot immediately say what sector will be reopened first when the government decides to ease restrictions, however there must be clear stipulated guidelines,” he noted.
Kitiyo revealed that more stringent measures will be initiated to tame the spread of the disease in the county.
On Wednesday during his daily Coronavirus brief, Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe confirmed 123 Covid-19 positive cases in the country, shocking Kenyans.