No movement will be allowed in and out of Nairobi metropolitan city.
Further Kwale, Mombasa and Kilifi counties are under secede according to President Uhuru Kenyatta’s Monday address to the nation.
The 4 counties have been singled out as the most Covid-19 affected and which can easily spread the disease to other counties countrywide.
The President though admitted that the announcement has adverse effects to normal economic activities in those counties, he said it is noble to evade a catastrophe.
“No any movement will be allowed through road, air, rail or even the sea in or out of those four counties for the next 21 days,” he said
However those not affected by the order because of their essential services will conduct their basic and extremely critical activities to Kenyans as usual.
The head of state assured Kenyans that the government is doing everything possible to end Covid-19 in the Country.
‘Let’s unite in ending this war, it has affected us but if we communally approach it we will successful contain it,” noted President Uhuru.
He said a total of 4,277 people have so far been tested.
The government also confirmed 16 more cases of Coronavirus on Monday summing the total cases to 158.
It has also confirmed two more deaths in the country totaling the number of those who succumbed to Covid-19 to 6 since the pandemic struck the country in mid March 2019.
The President also urged Kenyans to wear masks especially when in public places.
Uhuru has also directed the National treasury to release 2 billion shillings for reliefs and social assistance to vulnerable families.