Home News Woman dies after electric shock

Woman dies after electric shock

3
0
[Crime scene].

A woman died early Saturday morning after she stepped on live electric cables at Bamburi area in Kisauni, Mombasa.

The woman, a tea vendor had gone to a nearby shop where according to locals she immediately collapsed after stepping on the live electric cables hanging loosely near the shop.

Locals tried to rescue the woman and rushed her to a nearby private hospital where she was pronounced dead.

“The cables have been hanging loosely for weeks without any actions from relevant authorities,” said an eye witness in the around 9 am incident.

The body of the deceased has been taken to the Coast General referral hospital morgue.

Police are probing the incident.